What’s new in WP Customer Area since 7.0
Even though we have been pretty quiet lately, WP Customer Area has continued to evolve since version 7.0 released on June 7, 2016. Remember, this version was a major update on which we had worked for more than a year. In addition to bringing many additional features, 7.0 incorporates a new front-end interface: more efficient, clearer, and above all, compatible with most themes.
The well-known Bootstrap 3 framework has been used to redesign the entire interface. An embedded and reworked version of Bootstrap ensures a better compatibility with your theme, whether or not the latter already uses this framework. It also allowed us to redesign our system of skins and templates for better customization of the interface.
The default interface included with the free plugin is available in two variations: light and dark. It will therefore better integrate to your theme. In the upcoming months, we will offer new skins, including new color palettes to offer you even more customization.
Apart from working on that huge enhancement, we have also added new features and fixed lots of bugs as detailled below.
Better ownership control
Our add-ons allow assigning content to groups, roles, etc. However, in WP Customer Area 6, these owner types could not be mixed. Starting with version 7.0, you can now assign private content at the same time to a group and to a few users.
Better add-on version detection
WP Customer Area will let you know after each update if you have the latest add-on release. Never forget to update them anymore!
PDF Invoices templates
Invoices can now be downloaded as PDF files. A simple template is provided but you can make your own very easily too!
Download all attachments
For those who have the Enhanced Files add-on, you can now download all attached files with a single click.
Notifications: new tasks reminders
It comes very useful to get some emails when your tasks are overdue, about to expire, or about to be overdue. You won’t get any chance left to miss tasks you are assigned to!
Notifications and PDF Invoice templates options
Invoicing and notification templates are coming with a bunch of options in the admin area that allow you to customize colors, background and more. It will be easy for you to use them as a base and get your own customized design in a few minutes!
Main features added between 7.0 and 7.3
Of course, not everything can be presented here, but it seemed important to list at least the main new features. For more details, you can also see the changelog included in the plugin.
= 7.3.0 (2017/06/29) =
- New: compatibility with the new add-on: Design extras
- + 11 additional fixes and tweaks
- Design Extras – New: 13 color variations for the frontend skin
- Design Extras – New: 4 PDF templates for invoices
- Design Extras – New: 4 templates for email notifications
- Invoicing – New: PDF templates can now be configured (colors, images, etc.)
- Notifications – New: email layouts can now be configured (colors, logo, etc.)
- Notifications – New: Notification when task list gets completed
- + 19 additional fixes and tweaks
= 7.2.0 (2017/05/15) =
- New: compatibility with the new add-on: Unread documents
- + 9 additional fixes and tweaks
- Notifications – New: Add recipient setting for file downloaded notification
- Notifications – New: Notification when tasks are about to be overdue
- Notifications – New: Notification when tasks are overdue
- Tasks – New: notifications get sent automatically when tasks are about to expire (requires the notifications add-on)
- Unread documents – New: First plugin release
- Unread documents – New: Let the user know which documents have not been read yet
- Unread documents – New: Let the user mark documents as unread
- + 26 additional fixes and tweaks
= 7.1.0 (2016/09/15) =
- New: the plugin now checks if your add-ons are compatible with the installed version. You need to activate/deactivate for that
- New: added a button to download all attachments at once from the private file details page
- + 21 additional fixes and tweaks
- ACF Integration – New: updated supported version of ACF to 4.4.8
- Invoicing – New: added ability to download an invoice as a PDF file
- Invoicing – New: added a setting to pad the invoice number with leading zeros
- + 3 additional fixes and tweaks
= 7.0.0 (2016/06/07) =
- New: Brand new frontend skin. Greater UI and that should fix most compatibility problems with themes. REQUIRES UPDATING ALL YOUR ADD-ONS!
- New: You can now publish content for multiple owner types at once. E.g. for user “admin” as well as for user group “the incredible team”.
- New: Added a title parameter to the private content shortcode
- New: Add filter to change the dashboard block order (‘cuar/core/page/dashboard-block-priority’)
- + 5 additional fixes and tweaks
Add-on changes (apart from new UI and compatibility for WP Customer Area 7.x)
- Additional owner types – New: Allow publishing content easily for any registered user with new global rule
- Conversations – New: Threw in some Ajax goodness for handling replies (add, delete)
- Conversations – New: Replies can now be deleted
- Conversations – New: Log addition and deletion of replies
- Authentication forms – New: Compatibility with the notifications add-on to customize the emails sent on registration/password reset
- Authentication forms – New: Clear text password is not sent in the registration email anymore for better security (like with WordPress 4.3+)
- Notifications – New: You can now have email templates which look great with logo & all HTML goodness
- Notifications – New: Custom emails sent on registration/password reset when used with the authentication forms add-on
- Notifications – New: Custom emails sent on comment & comment moderation for private post types
- Notifications – New: Rewrote the code to send the notifications, now the hooks are easier to understand and should allow more flexibility
- Notifications – New: Individual notifications for each type of private content creation for better control
- Projects – New: Compatibility with the notifications add-on (new project notification)
- Switch users – New: Themes can now declare support for the switch toolbar and place it wherever they want
- + 9 additional fixes and tweaks