WP Customer Area should work with most WordPress themes available on the market: free ones as for example Twenty Twelve (100% compatible) or comercial ones. We invite you to install our plugin available for free on your WordPress installation for preliminary tests before the purchase of add-ons.
However, due to the growing use of Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework – which is built into our plugin, some compatibility issues may arise. You will probably have to make adjustments in your WordPress theme.
We recommend you purchase premium themes certified 100% compatible with WP Customer Area from our shop.
To block direct access to private files, see the documentation about how to secure the private files in WP Customer Area.
Users can register from the login page if you configure your site to allow it. This is a native WordPress feature but it is disabled by default. To allow registration on your site, go to Settings > General and check “Anyone can register“.
To prevent registration from spam robots, we recommend installing a captcha plugin. Luckily, most of these are compatible with WP Customer Area. We recommend for instance “Really simple captcha“.
WP Customer Area is using Bootstrap as a framework. Unfortunaly, a lot of themes or plugins can also use Bootstrap, and this could conflict by the one loaded by WP Customer Area. If your sub-menus are not displaying correctly, you probably have a conflict. In this case, please check our documentation about resolving bootstrap conflicts.
WP Customer Area is a complex plugin. When updating it, you must follow our update procedure in order to avoid any problems. Usually you have made the following mistakes:
- You did not deactivate and then activate the plugin again. Which could lead to several messages displayed on your admin pages
- You updated the main plugin but you did not update the add-ons. Which often leads at best to something not working properly, at worst, a PHP error message or a white screen
If you notice something strange, or if the plugin is not doing what it is supposed to do, you may be having a conflict with another plugin. Here is how to check that:
- Disable all the plugins except WP Customer Area and its add-ons
- Check that the plugin is working as expected now. If that is the case, then we probably have a conflict.
- One by one, we will now enable each plugin
- After one plugin is enabled, check if WP Customer Area is working. If it is still working, that plugin is safe. If not, then you found the one causing the conflict.
You may want to know how the plugin stores its information, either to clean up after removal, or to develop some automated clean up tasks.
We are using the following database tables:
- options table: every row with key starting by « cuar_ »
- posts table: every post with post_type starting by « cuar_ »
- postmeta table : everything linked to the above posts
- users table : to store users
- usermeta table : some meta information related to those users
Additionally, the plugin uses the folder to store files and ftp uploads. By default this is located in « wp-content/customer-area ».
In short, we recommend to turn off automatic updates for the base plugin and for the add-ons.
Technically nothing prevents you from automatically updating the plugin.
What could happen though is that the main plugin automatically gets updated first, and the add-ons would get updated maybe a day later. You may then be running two incompatible versions: add-ons would require for instance a function which has disappeared from the new version, or some code is working in a different way than before. Your website would crash.
That can happen with any other plugin working in the same way: WooCommerce, etc. and is not particular to WP Customer Area itself.
The reason that others plugins look like they are getting blocked, or not rendered properly, or even not displayed at all within the Customer Area is that we use a custom CSS selector and reset all styles in the area to prevent others themes or plugins to interfere with the interface.
Integration of others plugins can be done by following our custom styling instructions.